Thursday, February 10, 2011

mamas new bag


I would really like to check out this book. I can use all the advice I can get on raising a two year old!
 
Parenting from the Inside Out

"“Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Helps Us Raise Children Who Thrive,” is a parenting style based on relationships. Becoming a parent can trigger unresolved issues that we may unknowingly carry from our relationships with our own parents, and can interfere with us being the kind of parent we want to be. I work with many parents who are stuck in ineffective relationship patterns with their children. Because our book integrates both left and right brain processing, offering both narrative stories and neuroscience research on the brain and relationships, it offers a hopeful message to parents. The feedback I receive from parents often includes that their other relationships become more satisfying as well.

Learning to communicate is at the core of effective parent/child relationships. Reflective dialogue supports the child in feeling understood and strengthens their core sense of selves. When we are able to listen with an open mind and open heart, our child feels understood even if they are not getting what they want. Respectful communication is very important to develop, because when we have children, one of the things that we’re doing is we’re essentially telling them who they are. We are giving them an image of themselves, and we want to give them an image of themselves as being confident, capable and lovable." - Mary Hartzell, author.

Parenting from the Inside Out


















The next thing that I would really like is this new bowl my neighbor found on Urban Outfitters. 4 for 20 bucks! A little tie dye keeps ya young. The picture does not do it justice.


And the next....I've been looking for a cool way to store kids toys because the baskets I've always raved about are just not cutting it. I need something that closes, and while I don't have such a modern style I do love modern toys and cool ways of storing things. This piece looks fun, like it should be for kids!

abc home






















And lastly I need a new bag, BIGTIME. And this little baby looks like a "springs on the way" type of bag to me :)

Cynthia Vincent


so cute, no?

No comments: